I got two of those tablets for 60€ each, as a wall display. As they are beahving weird on stock rom, I decided to flash to cyanogen 5.1 (newer Version aren’t available)..
all credit goes to the linked pages, however, as I don’t do this often, I take some notes, not to wonder, if I am doing it right the next time.
http://spflashtool.com/ (newest version is on the bottom, idk why they do this)
mtk-vcom drivers (don’t remember, where downloaded)
MT8127_Android_scatter-recovery_only.txt (mine didn’t have MT8127 on its backside, but worked, lucky me)
Tab2A710F_TWRP_3.2.1-Pix-v0.96.img (newest versions are on the top here, must be the boot manager)
you need to install:
- mtk-vcom drivers (I did by downloading the drivers, open device manager, right click on the tablet, when you plug it in, choose drivers, unplug tablet)
- spflashtool (startup choose download, choose scatter file, click on the empty white space and choose this TWRP file, click download, plug tablet in)
- put cm-*.zip onto a sd-card and put this into phone
- now switch on phone with volume buttons pressed
- whipe tablet
- choose install, other storage sd-card, cm-*zip
- next boot CM should fire up, or the tablet is bricked.